Wednesday, October 4, 2017

September Card Chain Challenge: Pirates!!


Hello and welcome!  I am so so so very behind with posts lately, so please excuse my absence...we're so terribly busy as a family right now!  Nevertheless, its time for another CCC reveal!  The September Card Chain Challenge was so fun for me...I just love Pirates!  

If you're new to The Card Chain Challenge, let me tell you, its wonderful!  Card makers from all over the globe get to exchange their beautiful creations and its quite inspiring!  What a fun way to make new friends! 

So, as with any challenge, there are a few rules.  You must stick with any one (or more if you are so inclined) of four different options.  For September, our options were:

1. Color Palette option: 


2. Sketch option:




3. Theme option: Pirates / In the Jungle / Friendship

4. Product/Technique option: Graphic 45 / Metal Charms / Tri-Fold Cards


I wanted to do something a little different this month and decided to use a card kit that I'd gotten not too long ago.  Have you checked out the card kits from Scrapping for Less??  They're such a great value and oh so cute!!  The products I used in my card come from the June kit and feature Scrapberry's papers and stickers by Express Yourself.  So, let's get to it shall we?! ;D


Aside from being super cute, the SFL card kits come with a sketch sheet that make it incredibly simple to pull together a card...or four ;)  I used one of the sketches included with my kit to pull this cutie off...isn't that little guy adorable?!


Since anything associated with pirates and buried treasure usually looks worn and aged, I was sure to ink most of my edges with Distress Ink.  It also helps them to stand out against one another since there were so many elements to this sketch.  I heat embossed my little sentiment strip and die cut the "Thanks" out of glittered cardstock.


Lastly, I added some dimensional tape to the backs of a few of the pieces and adhered everything into place!  This photo shows the layering and dimension a little better.  I did forget to photograph the inside of the card but the sentiment continues with "for showing me the way!", which I thought was absolutely perfect for the map background on the red patterned paper, the ships steering wheel and the telescope sticker...they all tied together so nicely!  Hopefully Dawn in New Zealand will think so too...she was my recipient this month!  Hi Dawn! :D

So that's it for this month...Big THANKS for dropping by today and here's to a wonderful October!

Hugs, 

 photo Katie Blog Signature_zpsbi1lqemh.png

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you!