Sunday, April 23, 2017

Color Throwdown #439: Magical Birthday


Hi there!  Today I'm sharing a card that I created with a few challenges in mind.  The Color Throwdown Challenge this week is full of gorgeous colors!  They are some of my favorites. 


This is also a special post dedicated to my daughter, Madeline Belle!  We call her Maddie.  Yesterday was her 9th birthday!  If anyone had told me how fast time flies when you have children, I'd have never believed them.  Let me tell you folks, I'm a believer now!  With each year, the time seems to pass more quickly than the year before.  They grow in so many ways...Maddie is our second born, although at times you'd swear she is the oldest.  She is wise beyond her years, and one of the most compassionate and patient little ladies I've ever known.  I am so lucky to be her mother!  I made this card because it reminds me of her...she is definitely magical!  So, Maddie Belle, this one is for you sweet girl! :D


For this card, I used the Once Upon A Time stamp set by My Favorite Things...its a favorite!  Papers are by My Favorite Things and Doodlebug.  A little close up of the sparkle in the images...why is glitter so hard to capture in photos??


Maddie, you will forever be our magical little princess...grow in grace and beauty my love! 


It just so happens that the My Favorite Things Color Challenge and the Wednesday Sketch Challenge were a perfect fit for this card!  If you'd like to check them out, and I highly suggest that you do, just follow these links!

My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #329






Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

Hugs, 

 photo Katie Blog Signature_zpsbi1lqemh.png

Supplies used: My Favorite Things Blueprints 1, My Favorite Things Tag Builder Blueprints 5, MFT Once Upon a Time clear stamps and dies, MFT Radiating Rays stencil, Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders, MFT Dots & Stripes Confection 6x6 paper pad, Doodlebug Kraft in Color 6x6 paper pad, Copic markers, WOW! Opaque white embossing powder, Simon Says Stamp A2 Side Folding card base, Distress Ink in Mustard Seed, Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins, ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Oh... Maddie is gorgeous and so is your card!! My littles are no longer little but, they danced too! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie! I'm soaking up every single minute while they are little!

      Delete
  2. What an adorable and sweet card...but your photo is simply stunning, what a doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you for the sweet compliments! I'm going to pass those right along to her! :D

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!