Tuesday, May 2, 2017

April Card Chain Challenge featuring SSS Spring Seeds


Hi there!  I hope everyone is enjoying this marvelous weather as much as I am!  I've gotten some much needed gardening time in lately, and it absolutely inspired this card that I created for my recipient, Arlene, in the April edition of the Card Chain Challenge!  If you're new to the Card Chain Challenge, let me tell you, its wonderful!  Ladies from all over the globe get to exchange their beautiful creations and its quite inspiring!  What a fun way to make new friends! 

So, as with any challenge, there are a few rules.  You must stick with any one (or more if you are so inclined) of four different options.  For April, the options were:

1. Color Palette option:


2. Sketch option:


3. Theme option:  Fruits & Vegetables / Rabbits / Friendship

4. Product option: Perfect Pearls / Die Cuts / Stencils & Embossing Paste

So, with those options in mind, I really wanted a card that sang of Spring.  Here's what I came up with...


I went with the Spring Seeds stamp set and coordinating dies from Simon Says Stamp.  I love these stamps and dies!  They are such fun to work with and they are the sweetest images!  The bunny is my favorite. :D  I'll include a list of all other products used below.  Here's a closer look at some details. 


You can really get great depth and dimension with these dies.  Before mailing, I decided to add just a few clear sequins to give a little sparkle!


Also, one last thing that I want to share with you is the card that I received from Denise in CA! 


She used a darling floral image and water colored it.  Isn't this the sweetest card?!  My photo really doesn't do it justice, considering the orange in the flowers is such a bright and pretty orange.  Isn't her technique wonderful?  Thank you so much Denise!!
 
I hope you'll consider joining the Card Chain Challenge...its great fun and a great way to challenge your creativity!  Until next time!

Hugs,

 photo Katie Blog Signature_zpsbi1lqemh.png

Complete List of Products used:  Large Eyelet Cover Panel die by Reverse Confetti, Spring Seeds stamp and die set by Simon Says Stamp,  Copic markers, Fishtail Banners dies by Sunny Studios, Hemp Cord twine by Hemptique, Sparkling Clear Sequins by Pretty Pink Posh, Tiny Check 6x6 paper pad by My Favorite Things, Fashionably Chic 12x12 paper pad by Recollections, Nina Desert Storm cardstock, Nina Solar White cardstock, and After Midnight cardstock by My Favorite Things

**I will also be entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday Challenges**

2 comments:

  1. So cute! love your card, your little bunny is fantastic and I love so much your coloring with Copic Markers! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Great work with the sketch and colours, and that bunny is soooo sweet! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!