Friday, May 19, 2017

MFT Sketch Challenge #333 and Color Challenge #69: Tutu Cute


Hey y'all! Happy Friday!  My card today features the oh-so-sweet "Tutu Cute" stamp set by My Favorite Things.  This set comes from their popular Pure Innocence line.  Each and every single one of these darling little girls is precious in her own right!  I've really fallen in love with these sets. :D 

I needed some cards for my girls, and this set is right up their alley!  They each have their first ballet recital this weekend.  I wanted to let them know how proud we are of them...and of course how sweet they look in their adorable recital costumes!!  I'm combining the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #333 along with the current MFT Color Challenge #69 because I knew I wanted to use the TUTU CUTE stamp set and the color challenge went perfectly.  Why not throw in a sketch as well?!  Here are the challenge graphics so you can see what we're working with:

And the color challenge:


I made one card for each of my girls, altering the papers and elements just a little...


I colored each of my ballerinas using Copics, and adjusted their hair and skin tones to reflect my girls' hair and skin. 


I love that MFT has so many little detailed die elements that you can incorporate into your cards!  


I used the Photo Corners dies for each of the cards, in different papers.  I think these really help to draw your attention to the center of the card.  I used the Fancy Flourish die on the first card, in a single layer, just to ground my ballerina. 


The largest heart in the Pierced Heart Stax dies is used on the second for the same reason; and for the Musical Notes dies, I cut them in white cardstock, stacked a few together to give them a little more substance since they are so delicate, and used Star Dust Stickles to coat them so they'd really sparkle and stand out against that glittery heart!



For the sentiments on the inside of each card, I used the new "More Essential Sentiments" clear stamp set.  There are so many great sentiments in this set!  The sentiments on the front of the cards are heat embossed in white and silver embossing powder, and the ballerinas are adhered with foam squares.  It makes them appear as if they will dance right off of the cards...don't you think?
 
      

I think I have a new favorite!  These little ballerinas are just too much for words!

I've included a complete supply list below for your convenience.  I hope each of you have a wonderful weekend!  Until next time, go get your craft on!

Hugs,

 photo Katie Blog Signature_zpsbi1lqemh.png

Supplies Used: My Favorite Things paper pads in Dots & Stripes Sorbet, Painted Prints Smitten, Free Spirit, and Roses All Over; DCWV paper pad The Twinkle Glints stack; Simon Says Stamp cardstock in Doll Pink; MFT Stamps: More Essential Sentiments and Pure Innocence Tutu Cute; MFT Dies: Musical Notes, Photo Corners, Pierced Heart Stax, Fancy Flourish, Blueprints 31 and Blueprints 27; Pretty Pink Posh sequins Friendship blend; Copic markers; WOW! Opaque White embossing powder; ZING! Silver embossing powder; VersaFine black ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!