Friday, March 17, 2017

Challenge Combo Card: Lady Luck

Hi there!  Its finally Friday!  I can't tell you how happy I am to start the weekend and to be through with this week!  Its been a tough one around our house...Lots going on and lots to catch up on!  Today I'm sharing a card that I created with three different challenges in mind.  The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week is to add a "Bit 'O Green", and the other two are Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches.  Here are the sketch and the color palette:


After toying around with a few stamp and die sets, here is what I came up with:



I'm nicknaming her "Lady Luck" in honor of Saint Patty's day this week!  I just adore this silhouette stamp and die set by Tim Holtz.  Its so much fun!



I used black ink underneath a black embossing powder to be sure that I didn't have any spottiness in the frame or silhouette images.  The green paper is from the Gather collection by Crate Paper and the stripes are from the brand new Black and White Basics set by My Favorite Things.  Both washi tapes are from the Scotch Expressions line. 


The sentiment is also by Tim Holtz, from the Handwritten Love die set.


For a final bit of embellishment, I used a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen on the background inside the frame and some gold sequins from Simon Says Stamp.  You can see the glitter much better in this image, and look at the detail that you get from embossing the silhouette!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

Hugs,  

 photo Katie Blog Signature_zpsbi1lqemh.png

5 comments:

  1. Love the silhouette.....beautifully framed! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I don't think Tim Holtz has a single product that I don't love ;)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely wonderful card - love all the layers! Thank you for playing along with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card! I love all the sparkle and embossing :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!