Monday, March 6, 2017

The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge: Days 1-5

Hello and happy Monday!  We had the most gorgeous weather in Georgia this weekend!  I have been feeling so confined this winter, so it felt absolutely fabulous to get outside for a bit!  And before the pollen is in full swing so that was a bonus!


I'm sure by now you are aware that Kathy Racoosin, of The Daily Marker, is hosting her **7th** 30 day coloring challenge!!  This is my first time getting to join in on all the fun, but boy do I wish it hadn't taken me so long!  I notice a BIG difference in myself on days when I get to just sit and mindlessly color for a few minutes.  I am in a better mood, my patience is not tested so easily, and I just feel more relaxed!  Not to mention, that sense of accomplishment that you get from completing something daily...it really is good for me and my creative soul!  In our house, coloring is one of those activities that everyone loves.  All 3 of my kiddos will sit near me and color when I do.  Once, dad even joined in!  Anyhow, I decided that rather than a daily post with my coloring pieces, I'd do a weekly post.  I'm all about saving time these days!

For Day 1, I chose a simple, yet adorable Seahorse image from Tangled Treasures by Jane Monk.  If you don't have this book, I highly recommend it.  It has images of varying style and detail, so there's something for everyone!


For Day 2, I broke out my Suzy's Doodles from Simon Says Stamp.  These pre-printed images come on watercolor cardstock, so they're ready to go straight out of the package!


The piece for Day 3 actually came about because I was working in my color swatch book.  I needed to add samples of the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to the book.  After I finished, I wanted to do a title page to separate the sections.  This is the result! 


And these are what the swatches look like:


By Days 4 and 5, the weekend had arrived!  Yay!  So I got busy with the kids and we spent a large chunk of the weekend coloring and re-organizing my office/craft space!  Day 4 comes from a pretty popular adult coloring book called The Art of Mindfulness: Peace And Calm Coloring.  So many details in these pages!


Last but not least, I'm sure anyone would recognize this next page from Johanna Basford's Secret Garden coloring book.  Her illustrations are simply amazing!  This book happens to be my daughter's, and she was kind enough to let mommy color in her book this time.  She's such a sweetheart! :)    


I'm so grateful to Kathy and her willingness to host this challenge!  She is such an inspiration!  And, I truly hope you can find time to do something for yourself each and every day.  If only for a few minutes...trust me, you deserve it!

Hugs, 

 photo Katie Blog Signature_zpsbi1lqemh.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!